Choose this BOV for excellent performance, installation flexibility, and one of the most recognizable and intimidating blow off sounds on the road. This BOV uses a Greddy Type RS style flange and is also similar in style.
There are some very important things to consider before purchasing a blow-off valve:
- Do you need to recirculate your BOV into your intake? Check out our article on BOV myths right HERE.
- Do you REALLY understand how a BOV works (not just what it does!) and how to install and adjust it properly? Check out our article on BOV myths right HERE.
- Do you trust your BOV supplier to have a thorough understanding of the products they sell, make sure you know exactly what you are getting, and ship quickly and perfectly? You can trust us. You can tell reading our articles above that we know what we are doing, and if you don't want to take our word for it on the shipping, just check out some of our testimonials right HERE.
Compare to our other blow-off valves:
|Boost Strength||Medium - Up to 20 PSI|
|Ease of Installation||Lots of installation extras included with this BOV.|
|Versatility||Will need modifications if you need to recirculate. Uses Greddy style flange - easy to find but not included. Includes two springs that can be used separately or together.|
|Prestige||Such a menacing blow off sound! Unfortunately this design is one of the most widely used, so it's not a very unique sound.|
- 2 sets of screws, washers, lock washers and bolts for mounting to flange
- 1 Gasket for mounting to flange
- 2 boost T's, can be used for tapping into your reference line
- 50" of boost/vacuum line
Why should I choose this BOV?
- You want classic, proven performance from a well accepted and widely used BOV.
- You have heard the sound of this BOV on the street and you liked it.
- You are not sure what kind of vacuum you are running at idle so you need a wide range of adjustment.
- Your car is already set up for a Greddy BOV, or you have a Greddy flange already.
- You want a good assortment of installation extras at a great price.
- You want a good all-around BOV.
Installation Notes:This BOV, the Greddy RS BOV, our Type 6 BOV, and the Greddy Type S BOV are almost identical. This BOV and the RS are styled slightly differently and only include one reference port, and they are not designed to recirculate. There is a hole in the back of this BOV where the second reference line is normally attached; this hole does not hurt anything because the second port is usually just ignored during installation anyway.
If the reference port is pointed in an inconvenient direction, you can remove the 6 bolts on top of the BOV and rotate the top part of the BOV until the port is facing in a better direction, then reassemble. Use caution when removing BOV top as the spring will try to throw the top in your face.
Special Notes:WARNING! Some online BOV sellers have been selling a bad batch of BOVs that are similar to these. The piston will not move more than 1/16", which will prevent proper pressure release and potentially destroy your turbo. After one of our customers told us about this problem and sent us the picture below, we immediately checked several of our BOVs to make sure they don't have the same problem. Ours tested perfectly and the piston has the full 1/2" of travel.
This is not a Greddy product. We are not affiliated with Greddy in any way. This is not a duplicate, replica, knockoff, or reproduction of a Greddy valve - the flange is just identical for your convenience.